Expedia sees economic worries around the corner

February 15, 2008

Good article from Reuters here talking to Expedia CEO Dara Khosrowshahi about the prospects the current economic climate presents to the online travel agent.

It’s yet to show whether it will bite in the UK. Apparently more people than ever have booked their holidays in January (here and here from Travel Weekly). They believe 16% of people who plan to travel this year will have already booked in January. The fear among travel companies must be that if the economic conditions really bite we may not see all the rest of the 84% book as their plans may change as they reign in spending.

Time for some innovative marketing and aggressive pricing policies to make as much of the profits as you can before anything worsens perhaps? Or time to book a cheap holiday online.

Advertisements

One Response to “Expedia sees economic worries around the corner”

  1. Anonymous Says:

    People are also realizing that EXPEDIA cannot be trusted. Source: http://www.expedianews.com


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: